Grid Connections & ASP3 Contestable Design
We are Accredited by The NSW Department of Industry and Resources, and Authorised by each of the three Distribution Network Service Provides (DNSP’s) - Ausgrid, Endeavour and Essential Energy; Accreditation Number 2891. Our contestable team has detailed knowledge of the supply authority networks based on more than 50 years’ combined experience working in the electrical supply industry.
Our grid connection and contestable services include:
- Asset relocations
- Overhead and underground connections
- LV & HV networks
- High Voltage customer connections (HVC)
- Street lighting
- Direct supplies
- Kiosk and pad mount substations
- Chamber and indoor substations
- New subdivisions
- Commercial & industrial developments
- Underground overhead powerlines
- Network augmentations up to 132kV
- Supply authority liaison
- Site investigations
- Feasibility studies
- Property prepurchase due diligence
- Working near powerlines
- Clearance assessment
- Maximum demand calculations
- Connection applications
- Relocation applications
- Electrical due diligence studies
- DBYD map consolidation
- Advice on 3rd party asset relocations
- Power monitoring/logging
- Work as executed drawings
- Technical Support
- Project planning
- Construction management
- Tender evaluations
- Construction advice
Co-Generation and Renewable Energy System Integration
- Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
Technical Review and/or Preliminary Enquiry submissions
We have a vast knowledge and experience in network planning and connection application assessment, allowing us to foresee likely issues, and better plan and negotiate with Distribution Network Service Providers (DNSP's) on the client’s behalf.
High Voltage Connections (HVC)
Power Control Engineers can support organisations with a HVC to the utility with the following services;
- Undertake a high voltage installation assessment to verify the site’s compliance against statutory requirements and installation condition.
- Develop a high voltage installation maintenance strategy including specific maintenance tasks to ensure ongoing safe operation of the high voltage installation.
- Produce a detailed high voltage operating procedure including high voltage safety rules which can be implemented on site.
- Provide guidance in understanding the role of the high voltage installation responsible person and develop required documentation.
- Facilitate the execution of the maintenance strategy including engaging subcontractors and specialists to perform maintenance tasks.
- Provide guidance for planned end of life replacement strategies.
PCE can also provide high voltage infrastructure owners with High Voltage Installation Safety Management Plans (HVISMP’s) which are required by utilities for compliance to the Service and Installation Rules of NSW. Similarly, PCE are able to produce HV submissions required by other utilities in other states and territories under similar legislation.
PCE’s professional ASP3 team are experienced in managing the complete project lifecycle. From the application for a new connection, to design certification with the relevant DNSP, you can rest assured that PCE’s team will support you through the entire design process and provide you with the most cost effective and efficient design solution.