High Voltage System Design
PCE specialises in the detailed design of high voltage networks for a wide range of industries and applications. From pre-feasibility assessments to detailed design and project management, our team of experienced electrical engineers have the knowledge and expertise to provide comprehensive design solutions that meet the specific needs of each project.
Pre-feasibility and consultancy
Our pre-feasibility assessments provide critical insight into the technical and financial viability of proposed high voltage networks, helping our clients make informed decisions. Our consulting services provide expert advice and guidance throughout the entire process, from initial design through to procurement and implementation.
Our team of experienced engineers have extensive knowledge and expertise in the detailed design of high voltage systems. We understand the importance of safe, reliable, high-quality outcomes and our detailed designs reflect this. This, coupled with our commitment to customer satisfaction, sets us apart as a trusted advisor within the industry.
Our team have a proven history in detailed design and specification of:
- Indoor and outdoor substation design and equipment configuration
- Detailed design of HV protection schemes and intertripping systems
- Selection and specification of transformers, indoor/outdoor GIS switchgear, indoor/outdoor AIS switchgear and/or switch-disconnectors
- Power transformers, bunded transformer compounds, kiosk transformers, transformer replacements and upgrades
- Detailed design of HV switch rooms and auxiliary support systems
- Detailed design of outdoor switch yards and bunded enclosures
- Detailed design of power factor correction and reactive power support
- Detailed design of underground high voltage cable routes and trench cross sections.
- Detailed design of overhead / underground lines
- Integration of cogeneration sources into both utility owned and privately owned high voltage networks.
Project management and commissioning support
Project management is a critical component of any high voltage project ensuring adequate planning, coordination, and execution of resources to achieve the project goals and objectives. Commissioning support services provide a seamless transition from construction to operation, ensuring that your high voltage system is fully functional, reliable and operates as per the original design intent.
Project management and commissioning support capabilities include:
- Coordination, planning and management of high voltage installation and system commissioning.
- Coordination and planning of primary and secondary injection testing of protection systems.
- Factory and site acceptance testing.
- Assistance with tendering and procurement of high voltage equipment and installation works
- Site supervision and commissioning
Our team of experienced engineers and project managers have extensive knowledge and expertise in navigating the regulatory and compliance requirements of working with distribution network service providers and their stakeholders. We understand the complexities of working with these organizations and have established strong working relationships that help facilitate successful project outcomes.
Documentation, maintenance, and reliability
We provide a full range of documentation services developing comprehensive and accurate documentation related to high voltage networks including HV Installation Safety Management Plans and HV Site Master Plans. PCE have a long- standing history in coordinating and planning high voltage maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and testing tailored to your site’s specific needs. Our agile approach ensures a high standard of maintenance is completed with minimal disruption to site operations.
- Development and maintenance of:
- High Voltage Installation Safety Management Plan (HVISMP) for high voltage customers
- High Voltage System Configuration Manuals (HVSCM) for defence establishments
- Site master plans for High Voltage installations
- High voltage safety management plans
- Coordination and planning of high voltage maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and testing.
- Site supervision
- High voltage compliance audits
- Partial discharge testing
- Coordination of transformer oil sampling and testing
- Earthing system baseline testing and maintenance
We have a proven track record of successfully delivering high voltage private network projects, on time and within budget, and we pride ourselves on our attention to detail and commitment to safety; throughout the entire project lifecycle.